I was nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award“ and the “Commentator Award” by Paulette at http://pbus1.wordpress.com – A Place of Worship: “Tugging at the Heartstrings of God”
Those who frequent Paulette’s blog would join with me in saying it is an uplifting experience. I especially appreciate the Wednesday’s Praise and Worship Session
Thank you Paulette for this honour. I find it quite amazing that people we have never met in the flesh can be true ‘sisters’ and share one another’s joys and sorrows, and I thank my God for the brothers and sisters I have met here.
I believe the guidelines for accepting the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award are:
1. Share seven things about yourself.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Place the award on your blog.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers.
Seven things about me:
1. I was enrolled to become a nun early 1959, mainly because I was a man-hater, knew I could never suffer marriage, but I loved children and becoming a nun allowed me to work in an orphanage.
2. I have known, loved and served my loving heavenly Father, the Creator God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, for 54 of my 76 years. I rejoice in the REALITY of my experience with Him. He is my everything and my husband and I seek to put Him first in every area of our lives.
3. Things I dislike? Most of all, child abuse. I was severely abused for the first 22 years of my life. It annoys me to hear parents belittle their children, swear at them or degrade them in any way. It grieves me to see unruly behaviour and/or disrespect in children, because I wonder what sort of life they have at home.
4. I detest swearing and foul language. The English language is beautiful and contains more than enough descriptive words without resorting to swearing which fails to describe anything – except the mentality of the speaker.
5. I love the colour blue. I have been trying to break the habit of only wearing blue but the shops here only sell blue material (well, I only SEE the blue ones)
6. Although (and possibly because) I had no discipline whatever in my younger life, I am a very disciplined person. I set goals (short and long term) and constantly monitor them and my progress towards them. I love organisation.
7. I have been happily married to the same wonderful man for 52 years and wouldn’t swap him for anyone or anything. I have 5 wonderful sons, four of them married with perfect wives and a total of 5 grandchildren. My only regret is that they live far away (Australia is a very big country and one lives in New York)
I nominate the following to receive this award:
Stephanie – Alwayzhis http://learning2bestill.com/ Finding Hope and Peace in an Uncertain World.
Arlene – Armoured Up – http://armouredup.wordpress.com
Anna Popescu – This thing called life – http://faithlovejoyhope.wordpress.com/
Lyn Leahz – http://lynleahz.com/
There are no specific guidelines for accepting this award
I nominate the following:
Deb’s Blog Simple poems, simple faith by Deb Feller http://iftodaywehear.wordpress.com/
I can’t think of anyone more deserving of this award. Apart from the obvious gift of receiving ‘simple poems’ from the Lord, Deb also has the gift of encouragement. Her comments always hit the spot.
Please visit the blogs of these nominees. I know you will be blessed.