I have been trying to play “catch-up” since my return here after a time of hospitalisation and recovery. Among other surprises, I found I had been nominated for four awards, which I accept, giving honour to my loving heavenly Father who has directed my way, enabled me to participate here to bring help, encouragement and challenge. It is HIS work, so I give Him praise.
Because of lack of time, I am combining the requirements for acceptance. While I understand MS Publisher inside out and use it for all my work on the computer, I am NOT tech-minded and know very little about computers or using the internet, so I do not know how to insert links. I’m sorry. I hope you will copy and paste.
Thank you to these friends for their nominations:
Admin at: http://pureglory.net/
Drusilla at: http://drusillamott.wordpress.com/
I am required to tell ten things about myself
1. I have been happily married to the same wonderful man for almost 52 years and wouldn’t swap him for anyone or anything.
2. I have 5 wonderful sons, four of them married with perfect wives and a total of 5 grandchildren. My only regret is that they live far away (Australia is a very big country and one lives in New York)
3. I love the colour blue. I have been trying to break the habit of only wearing blue but they shops here only sell blue material (well, I only SEE the blue ones)
4. Although (and possibly because) I had no discipline whatever in my younger life, I am a very disciplined person. I set goals (short and long term) and constantly monitor them and my progress towards them. I love organisation.
5. Things I dislike? Most of all, child abuse. It annoys me to hear parents belittle their children, swear at them or degrade them in any way. It grieves me to see unruly behaviour and/or disrespect in children, because I wonder what sort of life they have at home.
6. I detest swearing and foul language. The English language is beautiful and contains more than enough descriptive words without resorting to swearing which fails to describe anything – except the mentality of the speaker.
7. I have been involved in children’s ministry for many years, writing materials and programs for camps and holiday clubs and attending over a hundred of them as a leader. I also write devotionals, training materials and workshops and design advertising and promotion materials and have been a Church secretary for decades.
8. I was enrolled to become a nun early 1959, mainly because I was a man-hater and knew I could never suffer marriage, and because I loved children. Becoming a nun would have me working in an orphanage.
9. I was severely abused for the first 22 years of my life, when my theme was ‘No one loves me: no one cares’ – but then my life changed completely.
10. I’ve kept the best and most important to last. I have known, loved and served my loving heavenly Father, the Creator God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, my Saviour and constant Guide, for 53 of my 75 years. He completely changed me. I rejoice in the REALITY of my experience with Him. He is my everything and my husband and I seek to put Him first in every area of our lives.
I have pleasure in nominating others (in no particular order) for awards.
I know some already have them, but I think it is acceptable to nominate them again. They have blessed me and I thank them for their ministry to me.
THE KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD
Debbie at Deb’s Blog – simple poems, simple faith by Deb Feller
Debbie, your ‘simple poems’ are deep thoughts which bless me abundantly
Stephen at Snowgood’s Blog
Steven, I love the way you use everyday events to praise the Lord
Ann at Tonirand’s Blog
THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
Paulette at Paulette’s Blog – a place of worship
I so admire your song of praise in spite of pain and difficulties
Heather at A Thing of Beauty
Jelillie at Reinventing the We’ll
Laura at Christisanity – The struggle to be a true Christian in a crazy world
Rob Barkman at Settled in Heaven
Clark at The Master’s Table